3rd May 2022
Join us – Production Manager (maternity cover)
A new opportunity for a Production Manager to join the Engagement and Society team (fixed-term 12 month maternity cover).
Salary: £46,880 – £49,210
Full Time/Flexible working considered
Closing date: 10 May 2022
About the Role:
You will lead the Creative Team within Engagement and Society, which supports two main areas of focus: Research and Dialogue, and Science Engagement and Enrichment.
The Creative Team’s outputs will translate the work of the other pillars into suitable creative language, scripted and designed with the target audience in mind, whether that be professional audiences (for example: films, illuminated data, animated infographics, etc, to support journal articles and conference presentations), general audiences (for example: visual materials supporting press coverage and blog articles which translate our academic work for broader publics, or podcasts), school audiences (for example: age appropriate visual materials aimed at students at various levels) and audiences currently disengaged from healthcare and genomic research (for example: creating a visually engaging and innovative website aimed at giving a platform to people who are mistrustful to express their views).
An important aspect of the role is to create the creative communication tools that will be essential to developing deeper and more impactful relationships between researcher and public communities, with the outcomes directly relevant for the wider Connecting Science mission and the strategic missions of the Wellcome Genome Campus and its institutes.
- Experience in project or production management
- Film production experience
- Work experience post BA/MA
- Experience managing a team of creatives, both internal and freelancers
- Team oriented approach to leadership
- Proven troubleshooting ability and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Attention to detail and organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven experience in financial line management, delivering projects on time and on budget
- MA/MSc in Film Studies or Filmmaking
- Skills in videography and editing, familiarity with a range of Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Familiarity with project management software, office management software such as SAP Concur, CoreHR, Workflow as well as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience in monitoring performance metrics of creative materials
To download the full role profile and apply for this role please visit the Sanger Institute recruitment webpage.
Please ensure you include a CV and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role, as part of your application.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events