19th Aug 2021
Join us – Team Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced administrator to join our programme, and in particular work with our Public Engagement team.
Salary: £27,617 to £33,417
About the role:
The role includes a range of support and administrative functions, critical for the efficient and successful operation of the team and its programmes – which span from training and support of Campus staff through to an extensive suite of schools and public programmes.
Working closely with the Head of Programme Operations, you will provide administrative support with the organisation of team meetings, diary management, procurement tasks, financial support and general maintenance for information, processes and database systems.
You will also provide administrative support to senior managers of the Public Engagement team.
You will be required to provide administrative support to other teams within Connecting Science covering for sickness and holidays, this will provide the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the programme and to build excellent collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
- We’re looking for an experienced administrator, with excellent attention to detail, the ability to see the bigger picture and implement processes to support this.
- You will be an excellent team player, joining a friendly and strongly collaborative workplace with the opportunity to be part of a wider administrative network extending across the Connecting Science programme and the wider Campus.
- Experience of providing administrative support within a busy programme or team environment
- Computer literacy in Microsoft products and other packages such as database systems
- High-level interpersonal skills and ability to work within small and large teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Able to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to assess and solve problems and/or resolve day-to-day conflicts with own initiative or to ask for advice and support when required
- Good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Experience of working in a scientific / academic organisation or within a public or schools facing programme
About Wellcome Connecting Science
Wellcome Connecting Science’s mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society. It inspires new thinking, sparks conversation, supports learning and measures attitudes, drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus.
About Wellcome Connecting Science Public Engagement
Wellcome Connecting Science Public Engagement supports sharing and discussion of the pioneering science that takes place on the Wellcome Genome Campus. We do this through a range of live and digital experiences, working with collaborators across research, education and culture. Our aim is to share ideas with diverse audiences and foster a community of engaged researchers.
To download a full role profile and to apply for this role, please visit the Wellcome Sanger Institute Recruitment page.
Closing date for applications: 19 September 2021