20th Mar 2020
Wellcome Genome Campus to close temporarily
In response to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, the Wellcome Genome Campus will close all but essential functions from Friday 20 March. Connecting Science has suspended all face-to-face activity.
To ensure continuity of operations, the majority of Campus staff are now working remotely, making use of remote communication and collaboration tools. This is to help ensure the health and safety of all Campus staff, customers, visitors and community.
Campus events and visits, as well as on- and off-site public events, are suspended for now; when activity can resume will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences events in the next three months have either been postponed or are being hosted virtually. Please click here for more information.
All meetings scheduled at our Conference Centre have been rearranged, but they are welcoming enquiries for later on in the year.
The Education Programme run by our Public Engagement team is looking to continue supporting teachers and their students online. If you are a teacher, please complete this online poll to help us understand how we could best help you.
Anyone looking for free online activities either for themselves or their children should take a look at
- Our free online courses on FutureLearn for researchers and healthcare professionals, as well as for appeal to teachers and students of genomics, biological and biomedical sciences.
- Yourgenome.org – genomics-related downloadable resources, fun and learning for all the family
Connecting Science staff are working hard to adapt their work to continue enabling everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.
If you would like to get in touch, please email
- Scientific training courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research conferences: email@example.com
- Public events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schools programme: email@example.com
- Conference Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Society and Ethics Research: email@example.com
- Not sure? firstname.lastname@example.org
The decision when to resume activity on the Wellcome Genome Campus will be taken in due course, and all announcements will be posted online.
Good luck and keep well to all our friends and colleagues!