Discover the importance of incorporating genomics into your curriculum. Genomics and its applications is now incorporated into the UK and other international curricula. While there is a need for further research, many academics in the field of genomics education argue that it could promote greater understanding and less discrimination, as well as increase students’ interest in the sciences.
This three-week course will help you understand the benefits of teaching genomics and gain confidence in genomics education.
- Genomics in the classroom: from the language of genomics to its real world applications
- Practical, hands-on learning and experimental activities involving genomics
- Creating a lesson plan or activity design using a range of genomics resources, with peer feedback on the design
- Discussing ethical and societal issues surrounding Genomics and the ‘Genome Generation’
- Genomics topics in everyday science and the news
- Genomics outside the classroom: outreach, careers and enrichment activities
This online course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and the Royal Society of Biology.
Find out more on the FutureLearn website.